Regional Director – St Albans
The role of Regional Director requires you to provide leadership and to be responsible for the efficient control and profitability of the business by providing extensive managerial and technical expertise. You are responsible for the development of the St Albans region but you are also required to work closely and in co-operation with all other Directors in the LLP.
- Qualification in an Engineering discipline of similar subject.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body, Chartership preferred.
- Experience/competence in leading a team towards successful conclusions, technical or otherwise.
- Able to take on the challenge and responsibility of managing a Regional Office.
- Appropriate experience of implementing projects to a high standard.
- Experience in the design of Rail Infrastructure would be advantageous.
Key Tasks but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the role of a Project Director is fulfilled by yourself and others by carrying out sufficient reviews, audits and site visits to ensure that project requirements, legislation and standards are being met by the Regional Office.
- Generate, introduce and maintain a programme of ideas, innovation and efficiencies to improve the delivery to the client and performance of the Regional Office.
- Provide feedback to the Management and Executive Boards to generate a programme of continuous development within the Regional Office. Report to the Management Board on the progress of the Regional Office. Attend the relevant Boards as required.
- Ensure that technical standards, requirements and targets for the company’s work are met.
- Participate in the business development process (I.e. identifying/sourcing opportunities, involvement in bids and tenders).
- Provide expert advice and assistance to technical discipline, developing technical best practice to improve on current processes.
- Develop Regional Representatives and Technical Experts, building on their current knowledge and expertise.
- Represent the Company at industry conference/events undertaking and encouraging appropriate networking.
- Identify and manage risks for the work undertaken by the Regional Office to minimise overall risk to the LLP.
- Maintain health, safety, quality and environmental assurance systems procedures and documentation appropriate to the Region’s activities and support the health, safety, quality and environmental managers and your respective Action Groups.
- Determine the Regional Office strategy and key objectives for the 3 year plan.
- Take a strategic view of incoming work to ensure adequate resource allocation through succession planning, resource allocation, competency development and training.
- Participate in the recruitment process to ensure employees (and contractors) are in place at the right time.
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting Regional Director – St Albans. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
Alternatively, please send your fully detailed CV to:
Tony Gee and Partners LLP
140 High Street
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to
equality and diversity in the workplace.