Geotechnical Engineer – St Albans
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting a Geotechnical Engineer to join a growing civil, structural and geotechnical team in its St Albans (Hertfordshire) Office. The candidate will need to have a strong design background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects.
Dependent on experience.
Benefits we offer
Private medical and travel insurance, 7% non-contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, childcare vouchers, opt to buy or sell up to ten days holiday annually, income protection insurance.
- Design of the geotechnical elements across a wide range of infrastructure projects in our rail, marine and highways business sectors
- Prepare geotechnical calculations, drawings, geotechnical reports and specifications to Eurocode 7
- Specify and/or manage geotechnical investigation work, interpret ground investigation data, derive geotechnical parameters and ground models for design
- Assist in preparing geotechnical proposals and fee budgets
- Visit sites for geotechnical investigations and inspections
- Identify and manage geotechnical risks
- Comply with Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations and general legislation
- Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback
- Co-ordinate with engineers between Tony Gee offices and groups in the delivery of projects
Skills and Experience
- Require MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering, preferably with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering
- Require demonstrable commitment to membership of a relevant professional institution preferably nearing chartered status
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years post-graduation work experience in Geotechnical Design to current UK standards and Eurocode
- Design experience in nearshore/marine geotechnical environment would be a key advantage
- Require experience in the use of typical geotechnical design software and, preferably knowledge and experience with Plaxis or similar finite element software
- Willing to travel for short periods to other Tony Gee offices and for site visits
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting Sta_GEO_18. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
Alternatively, please send your fully detailed CV to:
Tony Gee and Partners LLP
140 High Street
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to
equality and diversity in the workplace.