Geotechnical Engineer – St Albans
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting a Geotechnical Engineer to join a growing civil and structural geotechnical team in it’s St Albans Office. The candidate will need to have a strong design background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects and the growth of the existing client base. Previous experience and knowledge of the local Civil Engineering market is desirable.
Dependent on experience.
Benefits we offer
Private medical and travel insurance, 7% non-contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, childcare vouchers, opt to buy or sell up to ten days holiday annually, income protection insurance.
- Design delivery of the geotechnical elements of existing and future projects
- Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the regional offices and between groups
- Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects
- Assist in preparing geotechnical proposals and fee budgets
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects
- Support less experienced staff, sharing knowledge and acting as a coach or mentor
- Specify and/or manage site examination and investigation work
- Identify and manage risks for the work to agreed acceptable levels
- Develop the relationship between the company and new and existing clients in order to identify potential work
- Contribute to the management of the company by participating in Action Groups
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations and general legislation
- Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback
Skills and Experience
- MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering, preferably with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering and/or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or nearing chartered status
- Minimum of five years’ experience post-graduation in Geotechnical Engineering and Geotechnical Design to current UK standards, particularly Eurocodes
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting Sta_GEO_18. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
Alternatively, please send your fully detailed CV to:
Tony Gee and Partners LLP
140 High Street
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to
equality and diversity in the workplace.