Civil Engineer – Glasgow
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join the team in our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of schemes within our Glasgow city centre based Power and Energy team’s growing portfolio of civil infrastructure projects. Projects include onshore and offshore wind farms, grid connection infrastructure, public road improvements and other highways elements which enable the delivery of wind turbines for both contractor and developer clients.
- Between 2 and 5 years post graduate experience
- A strong technical background gained in Highways/ Transportation sector
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Obtained or working towards IEng or CEng qualification with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Experience in road alignment and junction design, including minor road improvement works
- Experience in road pavement design
- Experience in road drainage design, including SUDS (soakaways, swales and attenuation ponds)
- Experience in hydraulic modelling of surface water drainage networks along with online or offline storage solutions
- Knowledge of SEPA guidelines and experience with CAR regulations & licensing
- Knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), council highways standards and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Experience in specialist software Civils 3D, CAD & MicroDrainage
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or similar qualification
Benefits we offer
Why Work for Tony Gee?
Tony Gee is an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex, innovative permanent and temporary infrastructure design solutions to the worldwide construction industry. Our people make our business a success and therefore we invest in their development and wellbeing.
We do that by providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at. We focus on sharing knowledge, best practice and personal development.
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting G-CE-0321. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.