Infrastructure BIM Designer – Glasgow
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a Infrastructure BIM Designer to join the team in our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of schemes within our Glasgow city centre based Power and Energy team’s growing portfolio of civil infrastructure projects. Projects include onshore and offshore wind farms, grid connection infrastructure, public road improvements and other highways elements which enable the delivery of wind turbines for both contractor and developer clients.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Accurate and timely preparation of documentation including but not limited to drawings, models, estimates, schedules, quantities all as directed by a Project Engineer to a standard of presentation which can be submitted to clients or other approval authority
- Liaising with both internal and external parties such as Regional Offices, other Groups, sub-consultants, contractors, clients and external authorities as directed by a Project Engineer
- Process and action correspondence in accordance with the company procedure
- Preparation of drawings and models in accordance with the company’s BIM manual
- Checking of drawings
- Participate in site surveys and investigations
- Undertake duties and comply with company Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Attend courses/ seminars which will enhance professional knowledge, with a view to advancing your career
- To be aware of the importance of clients to the business and therefore behave and respond in a manner that will encourage clients to give repeat business
- Between 2 and 5 years post graduate experience
- Candidates must have experience in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Experience working predominantly in 3D with experience using AutoDesk Infraworks
- Obtained or working towards Eng Tech or IEng qualification with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- HNC, HND or BEng in Civil Engineering or similar qualification
Benefits we offer
Why Work for Tony Gee?
Tony Gee is an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex, innovative permanent and temporary infrastructure design solutions to the worldwide construction industry. Our people make our business a success and therefore we invest in their development and wellbeing.
We do that by providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at. We focus on sharing knowledge, best practice and personal development.
How to apply:
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting BIM-03-21 and the location of your preference. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.