Marine Civil Engineer – Ashford, Kent
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a Marine Civil Engineer to join our team in Ashford, Kent.
This role is an opportunity to join a successful established team, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will also give opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of marine, coastal and inland waterway projects across the UK.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing marine structures including quay wall, jetty, dolphin, slipway, berthing and mooring.
- Providing technical and professional guidance and support to more junior engineers
- Working within a team environment
- Communicating technical matters with external clients and internal design team members
- Writing technical reports
- Chartered to near-chartered with a strong desire to learn and develop towards professional qualifications.
- Demonstrable technical experience or ability in the design of marine structures.
- FE modelling using software such as STAAD Pro / LUSAS / SAP 2000 or similar
- Demonstrable knowledge of buildability / buildable design
- Detailed knowledge of maritime standards and guidelines including BS6349 and PIANC
- Design of lock gates, heavy duty pavement, breakwater and linkspan
- Coastal engineering design and assessment
- Experience in marine geotechnics
- Experience of temporary works design
- Use of engineering software (Optimoor, Wallap, Plaxis)
MEng Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (2:1 Minimum)
Benefits we offer
- private medical and travel insurance
- 8% non-contributory pension scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- life assurance
- flexible holiday
- income protection insurance
- payment of professional membership fees
How to apply
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers [at] tonygee [dot] com quoting A-MAR-0220. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
Alternatively, please send your fully detailed CV to:
Tony Gee and Partners LLP
4th Floor, Arthur House
11-13 Chorlton Street
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.