Principal Rail/Structural Engineer – Esher, St Albans, Manchester, Birmingham
Our Esher, St Albans,Manchester and Birmingham offices are looking for experienced Principal Rail / Structural Engineers to join their teams. The ideal candidates must be willing to help develop the capability of our offices in the above locations.
- Minimum of five years’ experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design of civils infrastructure in a rail environment including the application of Network Rail (NR) standards where appropriate, element design and detailing to Eurocodes in a NR environment
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design of bridges (including loading to Eurocodes, element design and detailing to Eurocodes)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
- Experience of bridge loading to Eurocodes
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Eurocodes
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ideally designated CRE for civils for NR projects
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE)
Benefits we offer
Why Work for Tony Gee?
Tony Gee is an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex, innovative permanent and temporary infrastructure design solutions to the worldwide construction industry. Our people make our business a success and therefore we invest in their development and wellbeing.
We do that by providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at. We focus on sharing knowledge, best practice and personal development.
How to apply:
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting RA-11-20 and the location of your preference. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.