Senior Highway Design Engineer – Birmingham
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a key individual to join the growing highways team based in our Birmingham office.
This role is a great opportunity to join a successful established team, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will also bring the opportunity for working on a wide portfolio of major highway projects across the UK.
- Promoting a health, safety and welfare culture
- Working within a team environment
- Mentoring and coaching talent
- Supporting Group Director and Regional Director to achieve budget and strategy targets
- Working closely with business managers on resource management, utilisation monitoring, and pipeline management
- Developing business
- Project management and technical delivery of highway schemes and infrastructure projects
- A track record of successful tendering and delivery of schemes in either the local or national transport market
- Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Experience of managing a professional team on projects using NEC Contracts
- Organisational skills to coordinate the delivery activities of a professional team
- A clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience of working on major highways projects
- Autocad, MicroDrainage and Civil 3D software
- Civil Engineering or equivalent degree. MEng preferred.
- Chartered Engineer
Benefits we offer
Why Work for Tony Gee?
Tony Gee is an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex, innovative permanent and temporary infrastructure design solutions to the worldwide construction industry. Our people make our business a success and therefore we invest in their development and wellbeing.
We do that by providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at. We focus on sharing knowledge, best practice and personal development.
How to apply
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting B-HW-0621. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.